Every business has news that is worthy of a news release or press release, but most of us just don’t realize it, or have the time to craft one.
Here are six easy steps to get you started:
- Pick your topic: Do you have a new hire? New product? New location? Philanthropic activity? Award? Survey results? Milestone? Please keep your news release to “newsworthy” topics, not sales.
- Develop your media list: The first time you do this it will take a while, but then you have a list to build upon. Think local first, then include a few regional players. Don’t forget your local chamber.
- Get your reader’s attention with a great headline and sub-title.
- Include a quote from your company’s president or spokesperson.
- Include an image! Please. Trust us on this one.
- Post it to your website or blog.
If you would like to receive a free news release template, send an email to info@mosaicmarketingstudio