Here’s the thing about Search Engine Optimization (SEO): A high search ranking takes time, but not in the way you’d think.
Rather, it involves doing all the things your SEO experts tell you to do, including daily social media posts, weekly blogging, and e-newsletters. SEO is about taking the time to add your business to Yelp, Google My Business and your local Chamber of Commerce directory. It involves link-backs, tags, and SEO plug-ins, but when you add it all up, it really only takes a few minutes a few times a week.
I challenge you to try it for 45 days, 15 minutes a day. Before you start, make a note of your business ranking. When the 45 days are up, take another look. You’ll love the results.
Here’s a checklist:
- Facebook posts three or four times a week
- If Instagram is right for your business, post three or four pictures a week
- Twitter is great for organizations that need publicity and to stay on the media’s radar
- Make sure your business is on Yelp, Google My Business and any other directories that are applicable.
- Blog a minimum of once per week
- Is your business listed on LinkedIn? If not, why not?